The timely advice and online and email campaigns offered by TaxAssist Accountants have been a lifeline for worried clients – and have made a tangible impact on the survival and future recovery of independent businesses across the UK.
Realising accountants would play an intrinsic part in helping to explain the many support measures rolled out by the Government, the TaxAssist Support Team has ensured every franchisee has the resources they need to effectively communicate with and assist their clients.
- We set up a dedicated TaxAssist Covid-19 Action Group producing a daily news update to each franchisee, highlighting the latest announcements and examining the finer detail of the Government’s help measures.
- Covid-19 Business Support Hub created on the national website, for franchisees to share latest news, articles, questions and answers to their clients.
- Video tutorials and guides for franchisees on how to have client meetings using video technology to maintain service to new and existing clients.
- Video messaging from the Group Directors to provide guidance and support.
- Advice and tips on how to network on the online networking communities.
- Daily social media content covering further announcements from the Government.
- A dedicated section within the franchisee Support Site to collate and access all Covid-19 related content.
- Daily Covid-19 update bulletin emailed to franchisees issued from the Support Centre, which contains a detailed summary of announcements from the Government, practice advice and support, client communications, new marketing materials and using technology.
- Live webinars delivered to franchisees outlining the latest changes and practical guidance around planning points.
- Advice on how to support clients with short-term cashflow planning and the tools we have available to assist with this.
- SMS texting to communicate with prospects and clients to keep them informed of working arrangements.
- To help franchisees who have joined in the last year, an enhanced marketing package is being provided which includes an earlier advertising and digital marketing campaign, with extra online training and support. We have also reduced ongoing costs for all franchisees, with additional discounts for new franchisees.
Why now is the time to open an accountancy practice
In this video, Karl Sandall, Non-Executive Director, interviews Daren Moore, Group Managing Director, on a number of key themes.
They discuss the accountancy services needed by small businesses in 2021 and beyond, the main areas of government support that small business owners and our network of accountants should be concentrating on, and the business opportunity that is out there in terms of running your own practice.
Through COVID and beyond, it is evident that clients need the services of a quality accountant more than ever before, to help them to understand what their business is doing, access finance, plan for the future and make key business decisions. The demands of clients are increasing and changing and COVID has accelerated those changes.
With TaxAssist practices being highly visible shop premises and relationship based, they are ideally placed to support clients, to get to know them and their business and help through these difficult times.
Group Directors Video
Watch our video here, of our Non-Executive Director Karl Sandall interviewing all Group Directors as they explain the level of support provided from each of the departments during the pandemic.
Watch our video of Karl Sandall interviewing one of our franchisees, Jeremy Gilks, who shares his experience of re-opening his TaxAssist Accountants shop in Norwich, immediately after lockdown restrictions were lifted.
Watch Samantha Skyring, Head of Group Training, as she explains how she has adapted the Initial Training Course to run virtually.
Samantha Skyring explains how the Support Centre has supported its franchisees and their clients through the coronavirus pandemic.
Watch Daren Moore, Group Managing Director at TaxAssist Accountants as he discusses why he has written to The Chancellor urging that he reviews the support measure in place for businesses and self-employed so all small firms receive the aid they urgently need during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We’ve been inundated with messages of support from the accountants in our network during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to read a few of them.BACK TO TOP