In a week of unprecedented turmoil and change caused by the global COVID-19 outbreak, staff at the TaxAssist Accountants Support Centre pulled out all the stops to ensure its network of accountants and their 76,000 clients are kept up to date with the very latest developments.
Karl Sandall, Group Chief Executive, said: “I cannot praise the team highly enough for the work that has been put in over the last week. From the technical team who have digested and created content for the hub, to the business development team who worked tirelessly to communicate to clients on behalf of franchisees, centrally sending around 250,000 emails in total.
“We have ensured the 60 members of staff at the Support Centre, who are all now working from home, have access to all the equipment they need to maintain our usual high levels of service and support to our network of accountants. They can then in turn, confidently advise and guide their clients with the very latest information to help them and their business. We also have assurance from all major key partners that they can also work remotely and maintain services.
“All franchisees continue to have access to Employmentor, a service that provides guidance and help with all employment related law issues, which is provided free of charge by us.”
The TaxAssist Coronavirus Hub will be continually updated, and the Support Centre team has been delivering the following for the network:
- Video tutorials and guides for franchisees on how to have client meetings using video technology to maintain service to new and existing clients.
- Video messaging from the Chief Executive and other Directors to provide guidance and support.
- Advice and tips on how to network on the online networking communities.
- Daily social media content covering further announcements from the Government.
- A dedicated section within the Franchisee Support Site to collate and access all COVID-19 related content.
- Daily COVID-19 update bulletin emailed to franchisees issued from the Support Centre, which contains a detailed summary of announcements from the Government, practice advice and support, client communications, new marketing materials and using technology.
- Live webinars delivered to franchisees outlining the latest changes and practical guidance around planning points.
- Advice on how to support clients with short-term cashflow planning and the tools we have available to assist with this.
- SMS texting to communicate with prospects and clients to keep them informed of working arrangements.
To view the TaxAssist Accountants Coronavirus hub click here.
If you are interested in joining the TaxAssist Accountants
network, we intend to hold Discovery Days via video over the coming weeks. If you'd like to book onto a Discovery Day, we will require your CV and a completed application form which can be found here.